The Oakland A’s Community Fund supports charitable organizations in improving the quality of life for people throughout the Bay Area.
How Your Donation Helps
Major programs supported by the Oakland A’s Community Fund include:
- A’s Amigos: Giving Hispanic children the opportunity to interact with bilingual Spanish speaking A’s players.
- Take the Field with the A’s: Select youth baseball and softball teams to join Oakland A’s players on the field during the National Anthem, giving the youth a chance to live out their Major League dreams.
- Race Around the Bases: Children 14 and under are invited onto the field after every Sunday day game to run the same bases that the A’s do.
- Home Run Readers: Teachers and administrators can work together with the A’s in promoting the importance of literacy and encourage reading in the classroom.
- Mathletics: The A’s design and distribute thousands of “Mathletics” workbooks which utilize simple formulas for calculating statistics of A’s players to students in hopes to promote the importance of math among Bay Area youth.
- Science of the Game: The A’s “Science of the Game” program, presented by Chevron is a unique program that deepens interest and understanding among Bay Area youth by applying science to baseball. The A’s and Chevron design and distribute “Science of the Game” workbooks to local that utilize science formulas to answer questions related to various aspects of baseball. Students in grades 1-8 who complete their workbooks an submit their answer sheet to the A’s receive two ticket vouchers.
- A’s Academy: The Oakland A’s are proud to partner with The ESM Group to create the A’s Leadership Academy. The Academy gives 11th and 12th grade students from the East Bay an opportunity to get an insider’s perspective on how a sports business is run and to also become an active participant in this unique process.
- Green Stampede Homework Club: On select game dates elementary school students from across Oakland come the O.co Coliseum to receive help with their homework from tutors and aids. After the students have finished their homework they are able to sit in the stands and watch the game.
Oakland CA 94621
Fill out this simple form or call 1-800-237-5714 to donate.