The Pediatric Brain Foundation (formerly Children’s Neurobiological Solutions Foundation) is helping children with brain disorders. Donating a car is an excellent way to help out these suffering children.
Did you know that there are 14 million children living in the US with one or more of over 600 different neurological conditions? Epilepsy is just one of them.
What is epilepsy?
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder producing seizures resulting in a loss of consciousness and/or convulsions because of an abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Here are some quick facts about the disorder:
- Nearly 3 million people in the United States live with epilepsy.
- 1 in 26 people living in America will develop epilepsy in their lifetime.
- Up to 10 out of 1000 epileptics live with active seizures.
- There are 150,000 new cases of epilepsy each year in the US
- 1/3 of all epileptics live with uncontrollable seizures because there is no known cure for epilepsy.
- 6 out of 10 people with epilepsy the cause is unknown
Even though the human brain is the source of epilepsy the seizures may affect any part of the body. The location, duration and effects of a seizure determine its effect on the individual.
Can you imagine a child living with this disorder? There are foundations that help.
The Pediatric Brain Foundation (formerly Children’s Neurobiological Solutions Foundation) has a mission statement.
“Accept no boundaries in our journey to find treatments and cures for all children suffering from brain disorders”.
This is a three-fold statement including:
- Expedite research to find treatments and cures for neurological disorders.
- Provide families and health care professionals with up-to-date information and resources on the latest discoveries in pediatric neurology.
- Educate the public and public officials on the critical importance of funding pediatric neurological research.
Help a child who is suffering from a brain disorder today. You will not regret your choice to donate your car.