Filter Your Results
Select filters at the left or choose from a charity below.
Whichever organization you choose, we work hard to make sure that donating a car to charity will have an incredible impact, whether it’s a car, van, truck, motorcycle, boat, or an RV. We’d be happy to accept a vehicle in almost any condition, from almost any location.
Choose a charity for your auto donation. Sort by cause or location to find car donation charities working for a cause you care about. Support that cause by donating your car to a charity that has partnered with Donate a Car to provide you with industry leading professional car donation service. Find a charity to donate your old car now.
Back in 1949, President Harry S. Truman spearheaded the effort to create a single holiday to show gratitude to all branches of our military. On Saturday, May 19th, 2018, we continue this show of thanks known as Armed Forces Day.
We can only think of a few organizations that have done so much for our injured military men and women, one being the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA). From advocating for their civil rights and health care, to addressing research and providing benefits and programs, the PVA builds brighter futures for our injured heroes.
8 Ways to Show Appreciation For Our Military Veteran Heroes:
- Donate a car for veterans. Your old car, truck, van or RV can help a struggling veteran through the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
- Raise an American flag. It’s not hard to add some patriotic and respectful flare in your front yard by displaying our nation’s flag.
- Display a yellow ribbon. Tie a yellow ribbon around a neighborhood tree or pin on your clothing as a symbol of appreciation to those who have fought for our freedom.
- Random act of kindness. If you have a neighbor, friend or family member veteran you can surprise them by washing their car, raking their leaves, mowing their lawn or some other act of kindness.
- Donate clothes. Some organizations like the Vietnam Veterans of America or Purple Heart Pickup take clothing donations that in turn can help veterans.
- Special discounts. If you are a business owner, consider offering a special discount to those who have served in our military. They will appreciate the gesture.
- Thank the families. Often the family members of active military and veterans are forgotten. Go out of your way to thank them for their sacrifices. Offer to give them a lending hand.
- Hire a veteran. There isn’t always enough work for our military personnel who have come back from deployment. Some have to try and survive on odd jobs. Post your job openings or needs saying that you will “hire patriots”.
You can find more ideas to show thanks to veterans from our previous blog post. Let’s not forget to show appreciation in some way to those who have given our country so much.
Car donations for veterans is a great way to make a big difference. Use our online form or give us a call and the proceeds from your vehicle donation will go directly to benefit the Paralyzed Veterans of America.