The National Kidney Foundation, a major voluntary nonprofit health organization, is dedicated to preventing kidney and urinary tract diseases, improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by kidney disease and increasing the availability of all organs for transplantation.
To enhance the lives of everyone with, at risk of or affected by kidney disease.
How Your Donation Helps
How Your Car Donation Helps NKF:
Kidney disease is a major health problem in the United States and around the world. Over 381,000 Americans rely on a dialysis machine to keep them alive, and more than 88,000 are on the waiting list for a lifesaving kidney transplant. Recent studies indicate that kidney disease is on the rise and as many as 26 million Americans have chronic kidney disease (CKD). Because symptoms may not appear until the kidneys are actually failing, many people do not take steps to protect the health of their kidneys.
Your donation is well-spent with the National Kidney Foundation. More than 81 cents of every dollar the Foundation receives goes directly to vital programs and services, including:
- Patient and Community Services for early detection screenings and to support patients and families whose lives are changed forever by kidney disease.
- Public Education Initiatives to heighten awareness of the importance of early detection and the desperate need for organ donation.
- Professional Education Programs to ensure kidney doctors and other health care professionals never stop learning the latest in kidney disease clinical treatment.
- Kidney Research to identify new treatments.
- Patient Advocacy to make patients’ voices heard through legislative action
New York NY 10016