Find answers to your car donation and tax deduction questions

General Questions

We accept all kinds of vehicles for donation to charity. Cars, trucks, vans, RVs, motorcycles, boats, ATVs, and more.

In most cases all you need is a signed title. If you have any questions please contact our donor service department at 800-237-5714.

If you itemize your tax return you may deduct the sale value of your donated vehicle or the fair market value up to $500, whichever is greater. You can find more information on charitable vehicle donation tax deductions at:

Your vehicle donation will be sold at auction and the proceeds benefit the nonprofit organization of your choice. is powered by CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) to process and sell vehicle donations.

How much the charity receives will vary depending on the sale price and costs of selling the vehicle. The costs vary depending on factors such as towing, auction and advertising expenses. Generally, the charity you choose will receive seventy percent or more of the net proceeds.

Yes you can! We are happy to take almost any vehicle from almost any location.

Yes, about five days after your vehicle is picked up you will be mailed a receipt for tax deduction purposes.

Pick-up, Towing, and Sale Questions

A professional towing company will pick up your vehicle from a location of your choice.

It depends on the location of the vehicle but usually 1-2 business days.

We are happy to pick-up almost any vehicle from almost any location.

No, most of the time you do not need to be present when your vehicle is towed.

Title and Registration Questions

Paperwork required for donation varies by state. Please choose your state from the drop down below:

Our title specialists can help get a replacement title, just call 800-237-5714.

Registration requirements vary by state, please call 800-237-5714 and we can advise you on how to move forward.

Absolutely, we are happy to take your car regardless of emission or smog tests.

When your vehicle is picked up you are no longer liable for the vehicle and it does not need be covered by insurance.